What Does a Great Consultant Look Like?



Today I wanted to talk to you for a moment about selecting the right outside vendor or consultant. I am a consultant myself, so I know what you should be looking for in any person you decide to hire on a consultative basis. 

First off, you need someone who is a generator. Before you hire a consultant, especially a sales consultant like myself, you need to make sure they can demonstrate what they can do for your team. It’s important to put them to the test and make sure they are ready and willing to demonstrate on what they teach and prove why it works.


In sales consulting, it’s all about getting some fundamental skills going. Repetition of scripts and time spent on the phone learning are the best ways to get this started. When we consult, we go through sales scripts and teach employees how to act on the phone. 

Are they going to end up getting an appointment every time? No. But over time, you’re going to be able to set those appointments at a higher rate. Once that starts happening on a consistent basis, that’s when they become generators. If you have a team full of generators, the future's looking bright. 

I’m not like those other companies, idly standing by and raking in the cash. I want to be in the trenches, helping you and your team become better at whatever it is you do. If you have any questions for me, or want to see my teaching in action, give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments :

Post a Comment